Morning Sickness Remedies
When you hear the term ‘morning sickness’ you probably imagine a little nausea for an hour or so in the morning with it easing up once you pass that magical 12 week mark. However don’t be fooled by the use of the word morning, for many women it’s more like ‘all day sickness’!
With my first baby, I had not one day of morning sickness at all. I don’t think I truly appreciated how lucky I was until I fell pregnant with my second baby and was sick every morning (and some nights) until around 25 weeks.
We have put together a list of morning sickness remedies that will hopefully help your sickness ease up so you can start to enjoy your pregnancy glow!
- Stay hydrated by sipping water regularly throughout the day
- Snack on dry biscuits throughout the day (such as Jatz)
- Sea sickness/pressure bands. You can pick these up from most chemists
- Sip lemonade. Some people find flat lemonade is best but for me, only the fizziest kind worked!
- Switch your prenatal vitamins to a different brand (don’t ask why but it works for a lot of women!)
- Avoid acidic fruits as they will often set off morning sickness
- Take a walk in the fresh air
- Avoid cooking strong smelling meals or cook in a well ventilated area
- Try some ginger – whether it be ginger tablets, ginger tea or a gingerbread man!
- Acupuncture or homeopathic remedies however consult your doctor or midwife before seeking either of these options
What helped ease up your morning sickness? Did you suffer morning sickness or all day sickness?
Bloggers We Love
Giveaways & Promotions
Style My Party Themes